Saturday, February 20, 2016

What Do You See?

What do u see?
When you lie awake at night.
When you have those spontaneous flashes of the future.
When you experience epiphanies of what could be.

What do u see?
When you throw caution to the wind.
When you abandon those dogmas and superstitious perceptions that hold u hostage.
When reach out into the world of wonders, leaving behind the opinions and projections of others that threaten to keep you in the valley.

What do you CHOOSE to see?
Do you choose to see the best, brightest, biggest possible future?
Or are you overwhelmed by the bleakness of now?
Do you choose to see your life flourishing like a tree planted by the riverside?
Or is the heat of today's weather so blinding that spring seems unreachable?

I had a scintillating conversation with a long time friend today. He re-opened my eyes to the magic of attraction.
He said, and I quote, "You see, Pee (Yes that's what some guys started calling me back in high school...to my eternal shame. Pee? Really?), your mind sends out little frequencies. And they move so fast. And they go to work on your world. You get what you send out. It's just the law."

Emmm, Harold wasn't a stellar student. In fact, some niggaz back then used to brush him off coz he was so short, lol.
With his half-baked afro hairstyle.
But the smart guys (myself included. Josh, I hope u read this and testify to the naysayers, llooll.) knew Harold was no push over.
He was always into computers and games and applications and whatnot. It was kind of annoying, really. Because he sort of put himself in another strata entirely alien to we the "Efikos".
School work was not very high on his priority list.

Okay, fast-forward five years. My dude is a software engineer. With international exposure.
He tells me, "Look Pee, I just can't settle. A lecturer told me the other day that my zeal to succeed is too much. But bro, I didn't come to be part of the crowd. I'm here to lead it."

For a long time, unknown to a lot of people, I've struggled with self esteem and worth. But I know I've gotta look past that, else I fall into the abyss of mediocrity.
So, what do I see?
I see a microphone, big lights, and a massive audience.
I see hands raised and rapturous looks on the faces of the people.
I see a new wave of worship, and I'm the vessel through which these people can transcend into a glorious realm.
I see lives being touched by my message. My voice. My books. My life.
I see a family. Children running around a meadow, each of them half me and half the woman God himself is preparing for me.

Ok, enough about me. What do YOU see?

4 comments:

  1. My food almost got burnt because of this piece. Nice one, Azarah P!! What u were talking about....I think I see it too. Keep up the good work. Your write ups inspire
    me. We'll be expecting more.....at least I would!! Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh...you're the man.
      U inspire me too...in ways that u seem to overlook.
      Peace bro.

      Delete