Sunday, February 28, 2016

TODAY

Today, I'm alive.
Today, I'm capable.
Today, I'm responsible.
Today, I acknowledge that I've been granted a privilege: today.

Today, I acknowledge that who I am is a result of the books I've read, the company I've kept, the experiences I've had, and most importantly, the choices I've made.

Today, I acknowledge that today will not be here for long. That, like water in a cracked pitcher will slowly but surely drain away with time, today will most assuredly go in like manner, therefore I must tenaciously grab hold of and take as much value as I possibly can from the urn of today.

Today, I'm alive.
I can see, I can move, I can grasp.
My mind is conscious. My spirit, aflame.
Because I'm alive, hope is alive.
Hope...for a great tomorrow.
Hope...for new horizons.
Hope...for more and more opportunities to stand upon the ground of 'TODAY' and use my resources to bring forth a harvest of Joy, and Strength, and Peace.

Today, I'm capable.
Quite simply, I CAN.
I can shake off the dust of yesterday and generate momentum for tomorrow.
I can engage this powerful weapon called my mind and defeat doubt, failure, lethargy, and dissatisfaction.
I can take the figurative bull of my life by his horns and begin to create the life of my dreams... a life I'd need no vacation from.

Today, I'm responsible.
Because I'm alive, and because I CAN, therefore I WILL.
I'm responsible for the life I lead, therefore I WILL  ensure to be the best I can.
I'm responsible for the choices I make, therefore I WILL always... ALWAYS make choices that are centered around my TRUTH.
I'm responsible and will be held accountable for the resources at my disposal, therefore I WILL use them to bring glory and praise to the Divine One who has granted me these; use them to add and multiply value to every person in my own little world.

Today, I will Live; Love; and Matter.

8 comments: