Friday, February 19, 2016

Running (II)


"I realize that passions create suffering. Many people cease to desire, just to relieve themselves of the pain and struggle to attain their dreams. They become zombies trapped in an intermediate, lukewarm state of existence that is neither hot nor cold!
Their lukewarm, placid philosophy causes them to sink into the abyss of mediocrity."
-Excerpt from NAKED AND NOT ASHAMED, T D Jakes
"The pain and struggle to attain their dreams.."
I have no shortage of these.
Everyday it gets a bit more difficult to keep a clear view of my purpose.
And so, I run.
I run to clear the clutter.
To keep the fires of passionate zeal raging.
To feel the life coursing through my veins and be reminded daily that "calm seas does not a great sailor make".
To actively bring into my consciousness the depth of God's word as I mutter little verses and nuggets like "I AM with you" as I go.
To experience the miracles of gravity and air and vegetation and life.
To kick the crazy beast raging within to the curb and impress upon my mind, "YOU ARE NOT ALONE".
No, there's no 'final lap' or 'last level', after which I can say I've achieved what I'm chasing after.
Not while I'm still here on earth, alive.
No.
The past is gone.
Yes, I looked behind me. Nothing was there. Just my mind getting swayed by incidences and misconceptions of what might have been.
Nothing is chasing me.
"Life na ahead ahead", my friend, Frank, would say.
There'll always be a next step. A higher pedestal. A superior level.
And I will not stop until I draw my last breath.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing really is chasing. .... but I keep running to mark my era in time. Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make a difference... To live life to d fullest.
      Hmmmmmmmmmm

      Delete