Tuesday, May 31, 2016

What's the point?

I'm a clumsy dude. I've always been. I bang my body around and I run into walls. Till tomorrow, my bully of a brother, bless his heart, will keep calling me retard, idiot, numbskull, and a host of other sweet words, each fitting every one of my jonzing episodes.

When I was a kid, my momma would say, "Thank God you know book o. You don't have native intelligence". In school then, I was part of the 'efiko' crowd. I'm talking straight A's, no school fights or awkward 'principal's office' meetings, and eventually, the much coveted post of Senior Prefect.

But at HOME, I was a riot. I always put my foot in my mouth, always managed to say the stupidest thing at a prime moment or ask an unbelievably obvious question.

I've come a long way from being a precocious, sometimes silly, kid. I've made mistakes, failed people and failed at relationships; I've felt pain and disappointment. And I still have a long way to go.

Tonight, with the classic Jackson 5's "Who's Loving You" playing through my headphones, I'm fully aware, fully concious...my mind is dredging up memories...my hasbeens and would've beens.

I've been writing this in my mind for the past two weeks but I just couldn't put it down. I couldn't figure out what the point is.
Maybe there's no point.
Maybe the point is there doesn't always have to be a point.
Maybe the point is I'm a work in progress and just coz I can't figure out why stuff happened or what something entails, I don't have to wallow in it, hibernate and lose focus & momentum.
Maybe the point is life goes on no matter what, so we have no choice but to live, learn, adapt, and grow.

8 comments:

  1. U have a beautiful mind
    That is alot of pples lives in a few lines Except for the straight A's part lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my dude....I ask too "how could one know his very essence? Maybe it's best questioning" Nice one boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. Indeed u have a beautiful mind.But once again, I'd have to agree with our bully....ure truly a numbskull. Lmao!!! But I'd continue to listen to what u have to say or read what u have to write, anytime, any day! Except, of course ur stuck in d retard zone and haven't switched back to ur original Leader mode. Lol. Nice one again bro. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhaha Josh I'll send my troops against u if u don't take time! Lol
      Thanks bro. I appreciate u.

      Delete
  4. Lmaooo!! I'm not a bully oo!! But this is sooo true, we have no choice but to live, learn, adapt and grow. Whether you want it or not, Life will force you to make that choice. You have to adapt to grow....and growth well...Is the only evidence of life.
    If you resist change...well, who the hell are you?? Life will go on. Your loss.

    "It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change." --Charles Darwin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooool! Yes u are!
    The "...who the hell are you?" just killed me! Hahahahaaa
    Thanks bruh!

    ReplyDelete